Sunday, June 26, 2005

i'm in bangkok! i'm at the airport, here on a two hour layover, good thing I found free internet. :P I got lost briefly in this vast airport where they believe that you should walk almost a mile in beteen terminals. but i'm glad i'm here thus far in one piece. It was raining about five minutes ago but then cleared up pretty quickly -it's definitely monsoon season, can feel it in the air. Hopefully the weather will hold up, and my shoes (they already gave me two blisters).

Going to meet the med school gang in Ko Samui - hopefully we'll all get there in one piece, esp one friend whose boards got cancelled on him the day of (and he had a nonrefundable flight to thailand the following day). i hope we all get there in one piece. I can't wait to get there! let my vacation begin~

hopefully you guys who are still studying for the boards or who just finished, BEST OF LUCK - trust your instincts, a lot of stuff you know already, and a lot of stuff came to me as I remembered some of the things they actually taught in class and hadn't studied recently. have faith in the human brain - it works a lot better than you think. ;) and those of you who just finished, live it up! enjoy your time before we all get back to work in a few weeks.

ack, real life in two weeks... i can't believe it. i feel like a native Korean now. :D almost. ooh we had a nice surprise this morning at the airport when I found out you need a visa after 30 days in Korea, and I was considered an "illegal alien". they even have a small room for us, the illegal alien. Thankfully, no one tried to make us offer any bribes and things were cleared up really quickly. I didn't get upgraded this time, j. :( was very disappointed. maybe on the way back. :D

have a great weekend, everyone! i'll check my email when i can - i'm going to a fairly remote area. pray for no tsunamis. :D

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

be safe! have fun! eat lots of mangosteens!