Sunday, March 18, 2007

a shortbus encounter and a little bit of marriage

my last theater event was today - for the next few days, at least. ;) probably going to head out to SF to check out the SF ballet again soon tho, their program 5 is ending this week. i've always wanted to see fancy free.


ABT's Fancy Free with angel corella, jose manuel carreno, and ethan stiefel.

today, i went to see the play, twelve angry men on tour, with george wendt from cheers fame. it was a really good play, but so unrealistic! if people are fighting so hard to defend their stance, they would never change their mind. anyways, brought back bad memories of my nightmare jury room experience. the acting in the play was superb. i'm falling quickly in love with the genre of plays, which is a fairly new genre of theater for me.

the best part was meeting alan mandell, whom I recognized as the ex-mayor of New York in Shortbus. i passed by the stage door and saw him there, looking around for his sister. he was so glad to know that I was a shortbus fan and took time to talk to me. he said the most disappointing part about the movie was that the director wouldn't let him be in the orgy scenes. ^^ he said that jay was very very sweet and everyone was really fun to work with. he was asking me if i bought the dvd and saw the outtakes - apparently a few of his scenes got cut, and I think he was wondering what was in the outtakes.

i also caved and bought the Company revival CD as I was driving home from the Josh Bell concert. I blame the postconcert traffic, which forced me right by a place to buy CD's. oh and perfect timing, this CD got reviewed by the SF chronicle today. this song is sung by the thrilling raul esparza.



"Marry me a little,
Love me just enough.
Cry, but not too often,
Play, but not too rough.

Make a few demands
I'm able to fulfill.
Want me more than others,
Not exclusively.
That's the way it ought to be.
I'm ready!
I'm ready now!

Marry me a little,
Body, heart, and soul.
Passionate as hell
But always in control."



raul esparza - he's so cute!

p.s. thanks to jenniferehle.blogspot.com for a link to my blog. i'm a bit embarrassed b/c i didn't even see COU and had the hardest time finding tickets.

No comments: