Wednesday, January 19, 2005

tonight, jen went to see the New York City Ballet and went backstage to say "hi" to a guy we used to dance with, about 15 years ago. eek, I'm that old. Fifteen years ago, Andrew was a little boy about half my height, the little boy that all the girls doted on. He was so cute; he was cast with Jen and I in the Nutcracker "Chinese Tea" and even did a backflip on stage. Now he's this guy that's taller than Jen, a full time dancer with one of the best ballet companies in the world, dancing every night. So amazing... also he was telling Jen about his older brother, Mike, who was our year and used to dance too. I always used to practice lifts with Mike, that was fun. And now, Mike's married with four kids! I couldn't believe it. Again, he's my age. eek. Am I behind, or is Mike ahead? Destiny's a funny thing - we were at the same point in time at one point in our lives, but now our paths are completely divergent.

Also reminds me of another old time friend... a high school friend and I played the flute together and we were really similar - aside from other similarities, we both played the flute, and we both had exactly the same SAT score. She went onto college though, majoring in flute, and our paths diverged then. The funny thing is, 8 years later, we're back in the same city, studying almost the same thing (she's studying veterinary medicine). Weird how our paths diverged then merged again.

No comments: