24
From start (getting to the airport) to finish (coming into my parents' house in Korea), it took about 24 hours... what a long time to travel. Some good things happened though - my flight from SFO to Korea was so booked that they were asking ppl to give up their seats. In return, they would book you on the next flight to Korea, with a layover in Tokyo, in business class. I kinda held out til the end - was deciding if I wanted to make my parents pick me up later in Korea, but the thought of going economy for 13 hours = not attractive, especially in a non aisle or window seat. So I took the chance. ;) Chi told me I should have bargained for a first class seat, but ah well, I was happy. So I traveled comfortably in business class - got offered champagne, had a cabernet sauvignon with my filet mignon for dinner. :) It was actually pretty good too! The best part is having a nice big seat though, that leans back far enough to let you sleep. Even better though, when I got to Tokyo, that flight to Korea was overbooked too, so they bumped me up to first class~ wow, talk about a different world! They take your coat as soon as you walk in, and they treat it like gold - so strange, I'm used to just crumpling up my jacket in the overhead compartment. They refill your green tea every 30 seconds, and your seat goes all the way horizontal - a full out bed. It was fabulous~ too bad the flight was only two hours. You could also adjust the curvature of the seat. And in front of you are a few bookshelves to put your magazines, laptops, and a closed side compartment where I kept my purse. It's weird, they give you your own space. I loved it :) The service was so obsequious, I'm not used to it... I was sort of sleeping when we were landing, and a flight attendant came to reset my seat in the original position and when I jerked awake b/c my seat started moving, the flight attendant told me to go back to sleep, he'll do it. I almost started cracking up... how can you ignore the fact that someone is moving your seat??
Oh, and the cherry on top of the sundae was that the airline lost my luggage, on top of being two hours delayed. My poor parents were waiting outside til 11:30 pm, but it was great to see them.
Just chilling today - waiting for my luggage, digging through my mom's closet for clothes, and ignoring my dad while he takes pictures of my every move. My dad and I took a walk along the Han River today, very pretty. We were looking for the ice rink, so maybe I could take lessons there. No one was there today though.
My vacation has begun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment