SFN
I'm at the SFN neuroscience conference! I'm having such a blast, San Diego is such a beautiful city, I missed it a lot. Things have been SO crazy in the past few days - on top of being sick and everything seeming a bit hazy... but time at the conference flies by SO fast, just learning a lot about inhibitory synapse formation and neurogenomics... seymour benzer is awesome. :P he admits he googles himself! so funny, his wife used to work in my old lab at caltech, she was quirky but really nice.
clubbing is crazy here in SD, with the addition of 30,000+ neuroscientists! People definitely have a different "look" and feel than the normal SD crowd. It's fun though - most guys are unembarrassingly bold on the dance floor - maybe they have nothing to lose? It's better than pretending to be too cool, I suppose.
on the menu today: autism (everything from EEGs to abnormalities in neural development, yay! don't know that much about it, but a possible future research interest), neurogenomics, and neurodegeneration (ALS, Huntington's). Oh, and dinner at phil's bbq, winner of the national bbq sauce or something like that. YUM! oh, and maybe a late night drink at thin.
no room for hematology or met reg. :P ah well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment