some interesting views on sex and the city. I think I wanted Carrie to end up single, because it is a nice message, that you can find happiness in yourself without a man. Or maybe it's because I'm single, that I wanted her to end up single. :P
Here's an interesting view that I'm not sure that I agree with. Am I too unrealistic?
"Episodes later, when she ran into Aidan, his furniture-designer wife, and his baby, Carrie caught a glimpse of what could have been her future. The little family wasn’t bemoaning how boring their lives had become; they were happy. ...snip... Carrie needs to follow in her friends’ Manolo Blahniked footsteps and grow up. Her opportunity with Aidan is past, but if their relationship taught her anything, it’s that stable doesn’t have to mean boring, comfortable doesn’t have to mean regretful, and an emotionally accessible, regular guy can mean that she never needs to cry in her Cosmo again."
rest of the article found here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment