Saturday, March 04, 2006

arabesque



worked on my spirals in ice skating - i realized why i'm not doing it correctly. my teacher keeps on yelling, "bring your body down! bring your face down!" I realized that there are two reasons why I can't lean forward far enough: 1) by leaning forward I'm going to shorten my reaction time to save myself if I hit a bump and fall. 2) ballet! ballet has instilled in me that I always have to keep my torso up, like gillian murphy is doing beautifully in the picture above, versus sasha cohen, who is keeping her torso and face parallel to the ice, not curving it up like in ballet.

worked on camel spins today! it was really fun, also skating with two of my classmates and teaching them as well. we're all going back next weekend for the public skating session -

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

the ballet way is harder to do...although the skating way is scarier!