Thursday, May 19, 2005

Street scene in Seoul


Street scene in Seoul
Originally uploaded by jochang621.
An interesting scene I saw today, while waiting for my mom outside the subway station. Do you see the guy on the telephone wire that extends over the street? There's a guy sitting on it, fixing something. Crazy. Some things you'll never see in America, like this and guys wearing unflattering hot pink t-shirts.

altho fashion in Korea has come a long way. These days, some guys are wearing jean jackets and cargo pants, which look refreshingly casual. In girls fashion, a lot of girls are also wearing jean jackets and spring green is also trendy. The thing with trends is that, you don't see just a few ppl wearing jean jackets, like u do in America. you see about 80-90% of them wearing very similar things. There's this huge pressure to fit in. :D i wish i brought my jean jacket from home.

I've also found myself taking lots of pics of the view outside of our lovely apartment. My dad has made a final decision to move out of Korea, at least for a few years. I'm glad, but sad at the same time - I really loved coming to Korea. It somehow agrees with me - my skin has even cleared up. Or maybe that's just all the sleeping and eating I'm doing. :D

ahh need to study, can't seem to get past biochem. Tons to memorize. Talking about not studying, I started ice skating yesterday. SO much fun, i missed it a lot. my teacher said i improved a lot, and though I could start learning a salchow soon. i foresee a lot of bruised knees in my near future.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

it's the spins that cause bruised knees, not jumps...

jolene said...

i've seen u fall while jumping.

:D

Jennifer said...

the salchow is the jump that made my blade come off...